Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cave of the Winds...and The Amber Spyglass

Went to cave of the winds with the sibs today. Still just as cool as it was when I was 9. They didn't want to go when I told them where we were going, but after the tour started, they thought that cave was the coolest thing since elastic underwear. They got a kick out of the "cave bacon" aka: ribbon stalactites, and the coral thingamajigs were pretty darn cool too. Next time we just need to take the lantern tour up into the grand cavern...it sounded pretty cool, but it was sold out.

And to end my rant about the Golden Compass quite a few months back...I'm on the last 20 pages of the final book in the trilogy... The Amber Spyglass...and, for all you die hard christians out there who think that the children in the book conspire to "kill god" they didn't. They found "the authority" helpless on a hill being attacked, and tried to help him get away safely...but he was so old, that he fell apart in the wind. So there was no killing of god at all...just a little fyi. I'll step off the soapbox for now.

Pretty damn good books they were...kept me interested throughout the entire story. And yes, I'll admit there are a few comments in the book that if you choose to take them so, can be anti religious, but only if you choose to interpret them that way. So all in all, good read.

Class on tuesday, gotta get all my reading done before then.

Peace.

No comments: