Week one...officially over. 10 more to go *faint*
History of Photo 2 is pretty much the same as HP1, with all the new info, but ZONE...is way cool. Yep, that's my second class...the zone system. Basically it's a system that places valuse from pure white to pure black on a scale of 10 zones, and I'm learning to manipulate film, and printing (both digital and traditional) to get all 10 zones in a print to create a full tonal range. Pretty freakin' cool to me. (yes...I'm a nerd) But then again, Todd's an amazing teacher, so anything he teaches is worth learning.
But...the whole entire time I was in his class, every time he said the word zone, I had the song that the stingray from Finding Nemo sings pop into my head...
"Oh let's name the zones, the zones, the zones
Let's name the zones of the open sea
There's epipelagic, mesopelagic, bathyal,abyssopelagic
All the rest are too deep for you and me to see"
"Oh, let's name the species, the species, the species
Let's name the species that live in the sea
There's porifera, coelenterata, hydrozoa, scyphozoa, anthozoa, ctenophora,bryozoas, three! Gastropoda, arthropoda, echinoderma, and some fish like you and me. Come on, sing with me. Oh...!
Just the girls this time. Oh, seaweed is cool. Seaweed is fun. It makes it's food with the rays of the sun...
"Oh, knowledge exploring is oh so lyrical, when you think thoughts that are empirical."
You know you love it. :-P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment